Most of us are like toddlers, we don’t want what we have and we keep eyeing on what someone else does, even when you know clearly well that each physical attribute comes with its own pro-con package.
Although that toddler inside me grew up, I have always had very strong feelings for body positivity. According to me, our body is like family. We don’t get to choose family, and we may sometimes not be very happy about them either, but regardless, we love them with all our heart.
I read a post by Liliana a few days ago where she started a new tag “love the skin you’re in” and answered a bunch of very important questions. I just fell in love with the idea and decided to keep the tag going by answering the questions myself and nominating others to do the same too.
You can check out her post here.
Now lets get started. Here are the rules to positively stick to:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog in your post
- Display the “love the skin you’re in” image
- Be truthful when answering the questions and don’t judge what other people have answered in their posts
- If you want to add any questions to this tag related to body positivity feel free to
- Try to nominate as many people as you can, if not everyone
1. One feature you love about yourself?
My eyes. They are big and dark brown and they have given me nothing to complain about yet! 🙂 (I do have Myopia for which I wear lenses but that was totally my fault – Too much TV when I was a teenager!)
2. One feature you wish/wished you could change that you are trying to accept or have accepted?
My curly/ wavy hair. I used to hate it until after college. Once I joined work and moved to a less humid city, and got myself some conditioner, my hair quickly became my friend. Today, I know I wouldn’t trade it even for Selena Gomez’s flowy mane!
3. Have you ever thought of getting surgery to change your imperfections?
In India, corrective surgeries like nose jobs are not common, at least not amongst regular people like me. So the answer is no.
4. One of your main role models for body positivity?
Amy Schumer, for she says says things like this – “I am not who I sleep with. I am not my weight. I am not my mother. I am myself”
5. Has a family member or friend ever put you down about your physical appearance? If so what for?
Oh, I have lost track of how many people have randomly advised me to lose weight or sometimes even said “oh, that’s okay. You look healthy now” as if I would crash and burn if they were not “okay” with it!!!
6. Something you love about your fashion sense or style?
I don’t care about what’s in fashion now or what’s not. As long as I am wearing clothes and accessories that won’t make me feel ashamed if I were to be in an accident, I am good to go!! (inspired by Lorelai’s dialogue in Gilmore girls)
Comfort is my first priority, form-fitting outfits my second and a CCC look (casual/ chic/ cheery), third.
7. Why is your body a great place to be?
My body has never treated me the way I have treated it. Its always been kind and accommodating to all my unearthly habits. So why would I be anywhere else!?
8. Add in a photo of yourself when you felt the most confident
When I scanned through my photos, this is one shot that resonated the most with “confident”. This was taken last year when we went on a weekend getaway to celebrate our first anniversary in Poconos. I knew I was adventurous, but I was happily surprised by how confident I had been that day. (Well, almost! If Pavan sees this, he is going to crack up because he will only remember the last leg of the course when I struggled to cross an insanely difficult obstacle and then jump down holding a suspended rope.)
That’s about it from me.
Over to you, please consider yourself a nominee if you reached the end of my post.
All you have to do is follow the rules, and once you are done, share the link in the comment section below.
Special shout out to these 5 bloggers whom I really like! Hope you guys accept my nomination!